Time is running out for AUSkey
If you haven’t heard already, myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) is replacing AUSkey and Manage ABN Connections.
If you haven’t made the move, the time is now. AUSkey will not be extended, so don’t wait. The AUSkey will no longer be available from 11.59pm AEDT Friday, 27th March, 2020.
If you wait until after 27 March, you risk locking yourself out of the Business Portal and missing important deadlines, such as lodging your activity statements or paying your super guarantee contributions through the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House.
Follow our tips to transition today:
- Have a compatible device
- You’ll need a smart device using iOS 10 (Apple) or Nougat 7.0 (Android) or above. This ensures your device has the required security support to protect your identity.
- Compatible smart devices are available from $99. If you need to purchase a device, you can claim the business use as a tax deduction.
- Get your documents ready
- Your name (including any middle names or initials) must match your documents to verify your identity.
- If your employees cannot meet identity requirements to set up a ‘standard’ myGovID they will need to set up a ‘basic’ myGovID. This will be available mid-March.
- Log-in to RAM and link your business
- Use RAM to link your ABN and myGovID so you can log-in to the Business Portal.
- Authorise others to act on your business’ behalf using RAM. You can import AUSkey user’s functions to create multiple authorisations, however you can only do this before AUSkey retires.
For more information, head to https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/Lodging-and-paying/Time-is-running-out-for-AUSkey/