Introducing the new MYOB Portal for our clients
When processing your work, we are now able to offer a free secure online Client Portal through our software provider MYOB. This Portal will allow clients to:
- Review all financial statements, tax returns and other year-end documentation online.
- Electronically authorise tax returns for lodgement.
- Easily and safely send, receive and store all of your accounting and tax information online.
Benefits of using the new system include:
- No cost — the Portal is free.
- Allows 24 hours access to all financial statements and tax returns.
- It’s a safer and more efficient way to handle your accounting and tax.
- Electronic authorisation process is very quick i.e. saves time in having to manually sign and return via post all original documents to our office for lodgement.
- Enables a very quick lodgement time — usually within 48 hours from completion of work vs 2-3 weeks on average under the hard copy system.
We will contact clients for consent prior to commencing use of the new electronic Portal.
Clients who consent to use the new Portal will receive an email from MYOB inviting them to setup a password and then follow a few simple prompts in order to setup their own unique client Portal.
We note that due to privacy and legal requirements, a separate client Portal will be required for each separate individual tax return i.e. a husband cannot authorise lodgement of his wife’s tax return. In this case a separate email address and registration process is required for each individual tax return.
Clients who wish to remain under the existing system of hard copies will still be catered for (e.g. older clients or where computer access is limited).
Should you have any queries in regard to any aspects of the new online system please contact our office at Stanton Mienert.